Guardian Homes are an essential part of breeding these beautiful dogs.
They allow us to diversify our breeding lines and use dogs from different places in the country, bringing the best lines together in the pursuit of continual breed improvement.
What does this mean for our Guardians?
They get the opportunity to have our pick of the litter puppy as their forever pet for half the price of our normal adoption fee. In return, they agree to love and care for our puppy in their home just as we would. We cover all costs associated with testing and breeding the guardian dog and also will groom your pup at no cost to you in our home. You get the opportunity to be as much a part of the breeding, whelping, and puppy-raising process as you’d like.
Our girls usually have 3-4 litters and are evaluated after each one to ensure that the healthiest decision for them is to have another. The health and well-being of our dogs is our first priority. They usually have their first heat cycle between 9 and 14 months of age. This typically lasts about 3 weeks. Their second cycle will begin about 6 months after this and as long as health testing is complete, we will breed them on this cycle. Because it has been found to be in the best interest of the dog, we breed consecutive cycles. When it has been determined time for our girls to retire, they are spayed and are the guardian family’s forever pet.
to be a Guardian Family
We require Guardian Families:
- Live within 90 minutes of EverHeart Australian Labradoodles and be willing and able to provide transportation to and from when necessary. We can sometimes assist with this, but it is ultimately the Guardian’s responsibility.
- Own their own home and have a fenced in yard (will consider an electric fence on a case by case basis). Guardian puppy/dog must never be left outside unattended, especially when they are in heat, in order to avoid accidental impregnation.
- Have an established veterinarian and are responsible for routine preventative/medical care including, but not limited to feeding, vaccinations, flea, tick, internal and external parasites and heartworm preventative medication. All of our guardian dogs’ reproductive visits will take place at Animal Clinic Northview in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
- Feed puppy/dog Life’s Abundance All Life Stages dry dog food and give a daily vitamin supplement from either Life’s Abundance or NuVet.
- Keep puppy/dog clean and well groomed in accordance with AALA guidelines. This may require up to daily brushing, depending on the coat type and length of your puppy/dog. We are happy to groom your dog free of charge at our home every 3-4 weeks or you can use a groomer of your choice.
- Attend training classes with their puppy no later than by 12 weeks of age and pass their Canine Good Citizen (CGC) by 18 months of age. A $500 refund will be given as an incentive for any dog that gets their therapy/service dog certification.
- Ensure your puppy/dog is nurtured, trained, exercised and receives unconditional love.
- Have previous dog experience. If another dog is a member of your household, said dog MUST be spayed/neutered.
If you are interested in being considered for our Guardian Program, we would love to hear from you!
Please fill out the puppy application below and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit in the section for additional comments.